STEM Ambassadors are volunteers from a wide range of science, technology, engineering and mathematics related jobs and disciplines across the UK. They offer their time and enthusiasm to help bring STEM subjects to life and demonstrate the value of them in life and careers.
Before you request an ambassador, think about what you would like them to do in with your group. Ideas include:
- Talking about their careers
- Running a hands-on activity
- Supporting areas relating to a specific badge
- Judging a competition relating to their field of expertise.
- This list isn’t exhaustive but gives you a flavour of what is on offer.
To create an account:
To request a STEM Ambassador, go to www.stem.org.uk and register. During your registration, make sure you click ‘Youth or Community Group Leader’.
To request a STEM Ambassador:
- Login to your STEM Learning dashboard.
- On the left hand side, click ‘Activities’ and then ‘Add Activity’.
- Fill in the form with as much detail as possible. You can ask for a specific date or allow a range of dates to be offered. Activities can be online or in person (as and when this is safe).
- Once you’re done make sure you click ‘Add this Activity’ and then ‘Advertise this activity’ on the next page.
- You’re done – You’ll get an email when a STEM Ambassador volunteers to support you.